In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
Jack
Knight

Knights: Reckoning Coterie-Wine Shop Design

Post by Jack »

The Wine shop itself will have a relatively small customer front with a door leading to a back room where the unfashionable things like the cash register, packing, boxing, and business side of things will be done.

The storefront for customers will look something like this, note the tasting area to the right of the image:
http://www.winedisplayworld.com/winecel ... ustom2.jpg

When a customer makes a selection, the bottle will be taken to the back, packed into a light-proof padded box and returned to the customer. Payment will be made directly to the Store Manager who will process it personally in the back room.

The store can be run by two people, though there is room for up to four to operate in the back room comfortably.

P.S. I need a name for the Shop...any ideas?
Fear that which you have invited among you.
Wait with bated breath for what shall be revealed to you.
Revel in unabashed pleasure in that which you learn.
Jack
Knight

Post by Jack »

I would like to start looking for an available storefront in the Arts District near Downtown if possible.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

you may want to make contact with the daeva for that.

and how are you getting it set up? if you have beuraucracy you may be able to set up a small business loan. if not, do you have some other means of paying? or i guess you could just BB a mortal with a wine shop.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Jack
Knight

Post by Jack »

I honestly hadn't thought about just tagging a pre-existing storefront by BB'ing a mortal. It seems risky in several ways, but it would definately be an easy way into the business side.

Overall, I was planning on starting from scratch unless a wonderful opprotunity presents itself out of thin air. I'm not holding my breath, but I'm constantly searching. Opprotunities seldom flag you down and offer you tea...you have to hunt them out.

The entire Project as outlined on the forum so far (that's the warehouse with renovations, storefront, and its renovations and stock, assuming I go from scratch) would run right at about $1.2 million. I can provide a comprehensive inventory on how I got that number if you'd like.

Most of it, like the store front, can be done through simple mortal means. Other aspects will require special approaches (the secret section of the warehouse, for example) or at least extreme mortal measures (There's a company online where I got the pictures for the staircase and bookshelf that will install completely customized safe rooms for $10k). These will be the large drawbacks. The warehouse could be up and going in a matter of weeks, completely finished in its layout. The shelving would take about a week to install, the generators and backup power could be installed simultaniously to that and would only take a few days (3-5), the secret area would be another ~2 weeks. Stocking would take another week with a bit of luck, up to three if my luck ran bad.

The Storefront would take upwards of a month, if done properly, and be far more expensive. From the materials being used to the complex lighting and climate control; not to mention the special loading dock to ensure the product isn't exposed to direct Sunlight (surprisingly standard in high-class wine establishments, Wine doesn't like Sunlight either), things would have to be done just right.

Assuming I had the funds to aquire everything straight up and start work with an unbroken schedule, the soonest I could have the "shell" up and running at full capacity and everything ready for the actual Project would be roughly 2 months, give or take a couple weeks.

Funding is not an actual issue between Issac and myself, though we represent something like 8 dots of Resources?

Like starting any business...I'll be placing myself in the debt of others to get started...but unlike a lot of people, I have members of my Coterie to help...one of which is just as vested in this Project as I am, though for drastically different reasons.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

what are his resources at? because of the nature of the background, 4+4 doesn't equal 8, more like 5.

and the figures one everything up and running are assuming contractors do their jobs... and did your figures include pay for said contractors and construction/instal costs, as well as operation costs until your business can get up and running?
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Jack
Knight

Post by Jack »

rydi wrote:what are his resources at? because of the nature of the background, 4+4 doesn't equal 8, more like 5.

and the figures one everything up and running are assuming contractors do their jobs... and did your figures include pay for said contractors and construction/instal costs, as well as operation costs until your business can get up and running?
Mine are 3...he has 5 and some thingie with influences.

Yes...my figures include the cost of materials, cost of labor (inflated by 30% to compensate for slow-ass people) and three months of a non-income start. The 3 months is the scary part. I'm going on the assumption that most of my income will generate from the Drug and that it will take off very well. If it doesn't, I'm going to ahve to fall back on others to help out and pay the consequences at that point. It's not somethign I want to see happen.

Even so...I'm not expecting this to happen in that short of a time span. I don't think Issac would be willing to drop the kind of support I'd need to get that done.

So right now my primary focus is to just get the Warehouse and start improving my OWN income so I can start generating the rest.

One thing you might keep in mind, none of this takes a whole lot of actual space. I use the Term "Warehouse" but it doesn't actually have to be much larger than a 2-3 bedroom house, especially if it's 2 stories or more. The Store itself would only be around 200-300 sq. ft. That picture is about actual size minus the back room which would be roughly the same size.
Issac
Knight

Post by Issac »

Jack wrote:
rydi wrote:what are his resources at? because of the nature of the background, 4+4 doesn't equal 8, more like 5.

Mine are 3...he has 5 and some thingie with influences.
Honestly only have 4 not 5 in resources, and no that doesn't mean I would use them for this