If you'd like to see a new forum or category, or think there's something we need to change or remove, let us know here and we'll look in to it.
Thael
Lost Knight

Backup Request

Post by Thael »

There was some momentary issues with the page loading and letting others login... is there any backup effort in process??
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

I figured my job blocked the site or something. Good to know it wasn't just me.

We do need some backup. Forums: The Saving.
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

cheyne called me and was wondering if I was able to get on... I had a momentary failure to load but those occur on every once in a while from here... usually reload and its fine... cheynes issue was not being allowed to login for what ever reason... so I posted something to get the process started if it is not already

granted the main reason I want it is because it would be a real pain in the ass to rewrite my gurps character...
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Your GURPs character should join us in the Observation Deck place thing. It's more Philosophy: The Discussing.
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

Post by Guardiankrillin »

I experienced the same. Right before it happened we were the 4 that were logged in at the time. I agree Forum: the Saving is a very good idea
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

well I know that steven is the likely one to get this effort dumped into his lap but I am shying away from dictacting it... not like I am making any monetary contribution here (that was a hint btw) but he is the one who set all this up and has all the files for such for reloading... people are just wanting to make sure all the posts are preserved since they are unique...
My Color is Blue
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

I get the idea. I'll download the SQL databases to my backup desktop when I get home, those are the only bits that actually matter at all.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::hugs::
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Wow, those databases are small. I've now got a local copy of the board and wiki databases on my harddrive. I'm having it generate a full backup file, for the whole site which I'll then download once it is complete.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::sex::
Threading the Gerbil since 1982