For things not related to roleplaying, general discussion, or news.
Rusty
Lost Soul

Re: Stellaris: Logs, Blogs, Blorg

Post by Rusty »

Stardate 2282.10.06

So it's true! Not only is psionic theory valid, but we clones have psionic potential! Whether it was always there or if it was unlocked by our relatively recent genetic upgrade, we do have the ability, perhaps some perhaps all, to activate psionic powers. We're now directing scientific efforts towards the serious study of Telepathy!

As we unlock latent psionic abilities and start to study the interconnectedness of all living and unliving things, it is becoming increasingly apparent that there is no place for xenophobia in the First Army. The Commander is creating a great deal of unrest with her radical views and the questions this raises could shake the army to its foundation.
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

Stardate 2284.10.30

Perhaps it was the hatred she held in her heart for the unfamiliar, but Commander Elemani has already passed. Fortunately or not, this leaves questions about our form of governance for another time.
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

Stardate 2285.04.30

The tensions with the Zaanami Republic have snapped, and what was a cold war has gone hot. They decry our ideology and strangely we don't entirely disagree. As we've recently seen with a xenophobic Commander, because our system does not even allow for us to voice dissent against such beliefs, we are weakened.

Attempting to seizing our border systems is not an acceptable method of conversation, however. We will consider reforming our government in the coming days, but first we will lay to rest any illusions that the First Army can be pushed around.
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

Stardate 2290.02.11

Our point has been made. In spite of their higher numbers, our fleets cut through theirs with ease and our troops made a mockery of their defenses. Now we can return our attention to other matters. We stand poised to establish a bureau of espionage, at the same time we are ready to construct office of the Psi Corps. Efforts are to be made to secure the borders thoroughly, no more nonsense.
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

Stardate 2309.11.02

We've had to teach the lesson again. We need to make an example out of them so that this idea that our border systems can just be TAKEN is eliminated once and for all. How that example will take shape has yet to be revealed.

We have more important issues at hand.

Our collective telepathy has reached critical mass, now we almost never speak aloud.

We can now psychically enter The Shroud. We are truly more now than we ever were before. It may be time to more fully dedicate ourselves to spiritual matters.
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

Update

So, I've reached a good stopping point on this run. The hard limit to population the clone army has is tough to work around. I went with psychic ascension perhaps mistakenly, as that closed off synthetic ascension which would have been more in theme with the concept of robots as cultural offspring. I'll probably come back to this concept at some point, but the current game run has reached a logical point of conclusion: we're the second most powerful regular empire in the galaxy and will gradually become less and less relevant within our own society. For some reason there's an inability to hire non-founding species as enforcers, soldiers, and ruler-type roles, which I think is related to the residence status, which means that new planets slowly descend into chaos. Permitting a non-founding species into these same roles results in the clones becoming irrelevant over time, even democratically speaking. Putting robots in these roles is antithetical to the spiritual pathway the clones have gone down. So, these things happen, games end. There are ways to press on but I think my understanding of the game mechanics in play was incomplete, and knowing what I know now I would have made a few un-changeable decisions differently.

I feel good about where I'm leaving it and I'd like to revisit the concept again later.