Your Creation may vary.
Avilister
The Mitten King

S's 3rd Edition Game Notes

Post by Avilister »

This is a general thread for things regarding my 3E Exalted game. I may occasionally refer players to it.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Re: S's 3rd Edition Game Notes

Post by Avilister »

Hobbes (as I haven't been given any other name for it yet)
Great Cat chassis - modified
Essence 3; Willpower: 7; Join Battle: 9 dice (see Stalking Cat Advantage)
Personal Motes: 80
Health Levels: -0/-1x6/-2x6/-4/Incap
Actions: Feats of Strength: 7 dice (may attempt Strength 5 feats); Intimidating Growl: 8 dice; Lore: 7 dice; Occult: 6 dice; Read Intentions: 6 dice; Senses: 7 dice (see Keen Scent and Night Vision); Social Influence: 5 dice; Stealth: 8 dice (see Camouflage); Tracking: 7 dice (see Keen Scent)
Appearance 3, Resolve 4, Guile 3

Combat
Attack (Bite): 12 dice (Damage 18)
Attack (Claw): 15 dice (Damage 14)
Attack (Grapple): 11 dice (12 to control). Cannot throw or slam grapples enemies.
Combat Movement: 13 dice
Evasion 5, Parry 4
Soak/Hardness: 10/2

Special Attacks
Ambush Hunter: add 3 dice on all attack rolls made from stealth
Leaping Pounce: if cat moves into close range with an enemy of same size or smaller and deals 5+ damage to it with a withering attack on same turn, it may pay a point of WP to reflexively make a grapple gambit against its prey
Mauling Bite: when cat makes savaging decisive attack against a clinched enemy, adds +4 to raw damage of the attack. It can receive this bonus only once per clinch, unless reset by crashing the clenched enemy.
Pouncing Shadow: cat may pay a point of WP when rolling Stealth to ignore the usual -3 penalty for moving while concealed. In addition, for each turn spent in stealth, stock a single die, up to 3. On the turn that it breaks stealth, add these dice both to any movement action and to raw damage of any grappling or decisive attacks

Merits
Camouflage: apply double 9s to Stealth rolls made while hiding under cover. Gain double 8s when hiding under cover in a jungle if using The Tiger's Other Stripes.
Keen Nose and Hearing: cats apply double 9s on Perception-based rolls made using scent or hearing
Night Vision: cats see in dim conditions as if they were in broad daylight and reduce difficulty of Perception-based checks made in deeper darkness by 1
Stalking Cat Advantage: cats add 1 auto success to any Join Battle roll made while in Stealth
Battle Cat: add +1 Evasion against attacks made by enemy with lower Init and +1 Evasion against any attack made from medium range or further. These stack.
Flaming Fur: Hobbes is immune to any environmental hazard based on fire damage or heat, and automatically reduces any withering attack made with firewands, sorcerously-conjured fire, or similar to minimum damage. Decisive attacks from such sources can only ever deal bashing damage to him and can never fill his Incapacitated health level.

Offensive Charms
Fiery Fang Strike (15m, 3i; Supplemental; Dual; Instant; Essence 3): Hobbes's attacks burn enemies to ashes. On a withering attack, he does not add extra successes to its raw damage, but instead rolls them as dice of lethal damage against his enemy, which ignore hardness as they burn the enemy alive. A decisive attack adds extra successes to its damage.

Flaming Maw Thrash (3m, 1wp; Supplemental; Instant; Essence 3): When savaging a grappled enemy with his fiery maw, Hobbes doubles extra successes on a withering attack or adds them to raw damage on a decisive attack.

Defensive Charms
Flickering Mirage Evasion (5m; Reflexive; Instant; Essence 2): Hobbes may ignore up to -3 in penalties to his Evasion. Penalties imposed by unexpected attacks are canceled without counting towards the maximum.

Miscellaneous Charms
Scent of Prey Premonition (8m; Supplemental; Instant; Essence 2): Hobbes adds 3 bonus successes on any Perception-based roll to find living prey, whether this is an Awareness roll to notice a hidden enemy in combat or a Survival roll to track down the nearest human settlement. If he is attempting to find a character or group of characters suffering a wound penalty, the highest wound penalty is also added as bonus successes to the roll.

The Tiger's Other Stripes (5m; Simple; Instant; Essence 1): Hobbes can assume the form of a normal orange-and-black tiger. He loses 2 dice from combat and physical actions, the benefits of the Flaming Fur merit, and all offensive charms in this form, but may revert to his true form reflexively and at no cost.

Hurry Home (10m, 1wp; Simple; Instant; Essence 1): Hobbes fades away and vanishes on his next turn, drawn instantly to Calvin's side. This charm exists only while Hobbes is bound as a familiar.

Dematerialize (40m, 1wp; Simple; Instant; Essence 1): Hobbes may shed his fleshly body, becoming as immaterial as a god. This effectively works like the Materialize Charm, but in reverse. When he vanishes, his body seems to be consumed by flames, and it reconstitutes from spontensouly sprouting flames when he reappears.

Magical Abilities available for training: Midnight Claw Prana, Throat-Ripping Execution, Unerring God-Hound Scent
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

I thought it would be good for us to post our intimacies

Name: Cathak Calvin, Calvin Pyre

Defining Intimacies
Hobbes is my Best Friend and Conscience (Tie)
The Realm needs to be taught the truth about the First Age (Principle)
We don't know we can't do it if we never try it (Principle)
Sekhem is an extension of my will (Tie)
I want to discover all of the wonders of the First Age

Major Intimacies
Fearful and angry at House Cathak (Tie)
My parents tried to save me after I exalted, I love them and am grateful but I don't know if I trust them fully (Tie)
(Jason's character) is my protector (Tie)
Zahra is the big sister that I never had

Minor Intimacies
I have found a mentor in Ulrich
angelicyokai
Lost Knight

Zahra's allies and intimacies

Post by angelicyokai »

Name: Zahra (means flower)
Working name: Tarik (means shadow/darkness)
Over the top exalted name: (Ebon blade that enacts silent justice)

Defining Intimacies
I will clear the human-sewage from Chiaroscuro, and then the Realm (p)
No one may harm the innocent (p)
Dagger (t)
Assassin circle (t)

Major Intimacies
Scare the monsters (p)
Night is safety (p)
Sister (t)
Minister of the Interior - Chang Cheng
Manse - Murder Cave (t)
Soldiers/police of Chiaroscuro (negative t)

Minor Intimacies
Sewing business (t)
Leader of Assassins circle - Chung Wong (t)
No job should be taken without research (p)

People/Places of importance:
Rig-e was Zarha's village of origin, barely a days ride outside of Chiaroscuro.

Talon Tenebris - once a squad leader of Chiaroscuro's military, he was responsible for razing a small town on the outskirts of the city (in a drunken rage) after failing to flush out a fugitive believed to be hiding in the rural village. Four years later, and 2 months ago, he met a sudden and violent end at the hands a survivor of Rig-e, Zarha. Due to her Exaltation, she cannot be tied to his death, but his family, friends, and compatriots are still probably looking for the perpetrator.

Minister of the Interior, Chang Cheng (Allies 3)-
As a newly appointed deputy minister, Cheng had sent his best agents to collect a fugitive from a neighboring town, not realizing how bloodthirsty soldiers can get when left off the leash. Out of guilt at his roll in a pointless slaughter, Cheng took in the only known survivor of the the village of Rig-e, a young girl about the age of one of his own daughters. So badly burned that it was believed she wouldn't survive. He was very surprised to find that the young girl had a sister, Zahra, who was grateful for her siblings care. Grateful enough to look out for Cheng's interests. Their alliance had helped him rise in the city, into full Minister in three short years. Cheng hasn't spoken to Zahra in several months, though the girl had visited her sister, and once, dropped a note that she'd seen a man spying on his children...and that the spy was no longer a problem.
His small act of guilt or kindness four years ago had given him a loyalty that money and power could never have bought. He should reach out to Zahra, or Tarik as she now called herself, soon. He knew that Tenebris had met a sticky, and probably deserved, end, and that Zahra was involved, but it was unlike her to stay away.

Assassin's guild leader Chung Wong (backing 3) - Surprisingly laid back and congenial for the cities best assassin, Wong turned his poor upbringing and loose morality into a circle of power that could rival the guilds. He had considered taking Tarik out, when the young woman had started moving rapidly up in his organization, but during their acquaintance he realized that despite her abilities, Tarik had no interest in power or authority. She seemed to take hits on a whim, and her only rule 'no innocents' was hardly a problem. It wasn't a hardship, as plenty of his men excelled, and enjoyed, snuffing out the weak. He was somewhat confused why a cold killer like Tarik had killed far more people than she took contracts on. While he considered it an odd quirk, it was nothing he worried over. He'd happily keep her in his circle as long as she took paid contracts reasonably often. Since her recent promotion to 'Lieutenant' or whatever his best contractor's were calling themselves, he'd been keeping a closer eye on her, as much as one can, and noted her new foreign friends. Elite foreigners of the realm, he was pretty sure. He rather liked Tarik, as much as he could like anyone, so he hoped she wasn't going soft...

The Manse - Murder Cave (Manse 3) - Deep under Chiaroscuro, through a labyrinth of old tunnels, lies a downward turning spire. The manse formed of glass, which threaded throughout the subterrane, blending and melding with the rocks that encompass it. The inverted tower offers all the amenities one could desire, and despite being underground the view, from the north side, is amazing, as the glass walls look out into the sea.
[CENTER]ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/CENTER]

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”
― Marcus Aurelius
adam
Lost Knight

Post by adam »

Name: Silver Tsunami

Defining Intimacies
Money makes the world go round (Principle)

Major Intimacies
I am not an Anathema (Principle)
No reward without risk (Principle)

Minor Intimacies
Circle mates (Growing Friendship)
Wyld Hunt (Fear)
House Cynis (Wary)
Weilder of Stormcaller

Cynis Jingyi (Wood Dragon-blooded)
She is the cousin of SIlver Tsunami. After decades of successful service to House Cynis, Jingyi has had her greatest failure. Not only did she lose a powerfull artifact weapon, one of her own House became an Anathema and got away. Now Jingyi is doing what she never thought she would do and join the Wyld Hunt in order to redeem herself.
Out there somewhere there is a Tarrasque eating delicious epic corn waiting to start a journey...
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Name: Ulrich Tancred
Intimacies:
Defining
Tie: My wife, Adelheid (romantic love)
Tie: My children (paternal love)
Principle: I want to build wonders that will last for Ages

Major
Principle: I want to keep my family safe
Tie: Ashes, my snow leopard (beloved pet)
Tie: Fair Folk (hatred)
Principle: I want to improve this fallen Age

Minor
Tie: the Haslanti League (patriotism)
Principle: Everyone should work for a living

Ulrich's Family
Wife: Adelheid, 45

Ida, 27 - married to a shipping company owner, keeps their books
Bernhard, 26 - married, a soldier/airboat officer
Klara, 24 - married, a shaman of dreams, helps to interpret people's dreams
Emmerich, 21 - works in mining/excavation company, aiming to own it someday, a bachelor-playboy
Gertrud, 19 - newlywed to young Icehome politician
Albrecht, 17 - one of Ulrich's senior apprentices
Konrad, 14 - somewhat aimless youth, twin to Teresa
Theresa, 14 - shows interest/proficency in smithwork, particularly with gold and silver, twin to Konrad