In remembrance of all the joy, and misery, of past games. Leave your offerings here.
Rusty
Lost Soul

D&D: FF - IC: Temple of Optimus and Radius

Post by Rusty »

::The temple, now restored to much of it's former glory, is surrounded by a statue shield wall, and riddled with shortswords of various metals. Inside are modest appointments and a relatively constant influx and outflux of worshippers, some of whom still raise prayers to Radius, but most of whom are here for handouts or for religious teachings in the following of Optimus.::
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

::A beautfiul woman in full plate mail made of some arcane metal, and carrying a sword and shield of similar construction, arrives in the temple and kneels in reverence to Optimus, without rising or taking drink, for what seems like an undetermined period of time. She arrives the morning after Imoak reforged his legacy, and does not leave or move, nor does she respond to the queries of the citizenry that frequent the temple.::
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

::Zyryx, Champion of Radius and Captain of the Black Mountain Kobolds, leaving his post outside the tavern momentarily, to repurpose his sword and allegiance to Optimus, and flanked by his clerics who do the same.::
Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Post by Ivanovich »

::following the death of Radius, Vae'lin attempts to remove all traces of his influence upon the temple. He spends most his free time giving food to the needy from the kitchen of the temple and helping people rebuild::
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

::The armor-clad woman rises from her reverie as Vae'lin passes near her on his rounds to and from the soup kitchen. She turns to him and her penetrating gaze catches his attention.::

"You...you are the one I came to see. Are you the one who restored this place? Who cares for the poor of the city with his every daily effort? Are you the one whom Optimus cherished so much that he shed a tear when you begged his brother to take your life in sacrifice to save these people? Is it you that I have been sent to find?"

::Upon viewing her, you realize that "beautiful" is how her appearance translated in the rather limited vocabulary of the common aturian. She is radiant and benevolent, she carries an unearthly presence, the ground around her feet is quite literally cleansed by her presence, the metals of her raiment gleam with brilliance, her face quite literally illuminates the room. She is clearly once of this world but transcended into holiness.::
Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Post by Ivanovich »

::Vae'lin looks up at the woman::

Yes i am the one you seek. Though i know not why you have been sent to find me or who sent you.

::Vae'lin looks confused by the womans presence::
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

[This conversation was resolved in character.]