For things not related to roleplaying, general discussion, or news.
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

hmm, road trip to san fran...My brother, older sister, and nephews live out there. There's a lot of cool things to do in san fran, and if you don't mind getting your accomodations outside of the city proper, and taking trains into the city, then you can make it fairly cheap. I road tripped to san fran with mendy a number of years ago, aside from her insane ranting and raving, it was a good trip. I could definitely see myself doing that again, just without the bipolar schitzophrenic fiancee this time. And there's cool stuff to see on the way in. We stopped in new mexico to see an ice cave which miraculously has stayed frozen for all time due to pressure and shape concerns that keep the temperature inside the cave below freezing, even in the desert. Also, it was cool to see the part of the country that I wrote Dane into in wastelander.

Tell ya what, I'm game. The more people the more-ier, and seeing family again, for me, is worth it by far. Plus now I speak chinese and chinatown awaits...
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

could be fun times... Angela likes chinatown too btw.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Ebon_Willow
Knight

Post by Ebon_Willow »

Josh and I are, as previously stated, poor. But, both of us are into the idea of travel. If it could be made financially feasible, both of us would love to go just about anywhere. Although all involved must be prepared for my huge cameras and the frequency with which I will use them. A road trip to SanFran sounds cool to me. Do we have a rough idea of a time?
Nothing Nothing Nothing Tra La La
angelicyokai
Lost Knight

Post by angelicyokai »

To correct Rydi, I looooooooooooooooooooovvve china town and travel to SF every year to visit my college roommate.
[CENTER]ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/CENTER]

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”
― Marcus Aurelius
angelicyokai
Lost Knight

Post by angelicyokai »

I am, in fact, noticing that most of the places on the travel list are things i either would do, or currently do, so we can just assume that I will be around and annoying for most of these.

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”
― Marcus Aurelius
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

angelicyokai wrote:I am, in fact, noticing that most of the places on the travel list are things i either would do, or currently do, so we can just assume that I will be around and annoying for most of these.
you would go to beirut with me?
angelicyokai
Lost Knight

Post by angelicyokai »

If it isn't a country I can be stoned in for smarting off, then yes

― Marcus Aurelius
Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

no, but it is lebanon, so if israel get butthurt for no reason and starts another war it might be slightly dangerous
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

Ebon_Willow wrote:Josh and I are, as previously stated, poor. But, both of us are into the idea of travel. If it could be made financially feasible, both of us would love to go just about anywhere. Although all involved must be prepared for my huge cameras and the frequency with which I will use them. A road trip to SanFran sounds cool to me. Do we have a rough idea of a time?
dunno. later? not tomorrow. unless you have lots of money and time off, and convince my professors that i need an a for not attending.

Summer? better question might be, when is good for you guys?

Ebon_Willow
Knight

Post by Ebon_Willow »

when we have money... on the up side, getting time off is never a problem on my end. yay for having too many chiefs and not enough indians
Nothing Nothing Nothing Tra La La
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

Vegas next year? Any takers?

I wanted to go this year, but I can't afford it.

Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

My ability to travel is strictly limited by school. And now that I'm repeating 4th semester, all my time frames are pushed back by four months or so. So I might be up for something after step, which may now be as late as april. I will probably want to lie in bed in a cold dark room and not have to do anything for several days, but after that I'll be up for something.